BOULDER HAIR SALON – CAREERS
(No, we don’t mean a career in the dark arts.)
We are always on the lookout for talented stylists who have something to bring to the table and build our ever-growing Voodoo Hair Lounge family. Filling a Voodoo stylist’s shoes is no small feat. Every member of our team must meet the standards and expectations we have set in the technical skill, creative edge, and awesome personality departments.
Some things you should know about our salon and our system:
1. We always stand behind our work and if you become part of our team, so must you.
2. Education is key and we insist on continuing it monthly. Education can include after hours, in-house classes or travel for workshops (previous trips have included NYC and San Diego.) If you think that you have learned all there is to know about your craft then this position probably isn’t for you.
3. The administrative team and your potential, future coworkers will constantly be pushing you beyond your comfort zone and to be the best possible version of yourself.
4. We are a commission-based salon and we offer compensation that falls above the industry standard.
5. We always have some type of photo shoot, event, or creative project up our sleeve and we expect everyone to participate to the best of their ability. All of these endeavors are super fun and we’ve had almost no deaths involving contributing staff members.
6. We only hire experienced stylists who have at least 7 years of experience and a history of continued education. All of our stylists have mastered their craft but all understand the importance of on-going education to stay relevant and expand their skills.
7. Our diverse culture is the heart and soul of our salon and exists solely because of the uniqueness of our staff. Each and every employee brings with them an unique style and energy that makes up the collective spirit of Voodoo Hair Lounge. While we prefer those who march to the beat of their own drum, a stylist position with the Voodoo crew necessitates the ability and willingness to express that drum beat right alongside the rest of the group (i.e. you can add something to the mix without disrupting the natural state of our vibe.) Planting a native tree in the forest, adding a (fitting) piece to the puzzle, you get the idea…
The hiring process goes like this.
1. You submit your cover letter, resume, portfolio (if possible,) and photo to email@example.com.
2. We review said information and request a personal interview if we like what we see.
3. If the mono-e-mono goes well, we will then request a technical interview for you to demonstrate your hair skills.
4. If we are impressed with you and your work then we pow-wow, deliberate, sleep on it, and then offer you a coveted spot on the roster.
5. If all of this sounds like you and something you might be into, then please submit the aforementioned info as soon as you can! Thanks for you interest in Voodoo Hair Lounge and we can’t wait to hear from you!